The state-of-the-art 1040 EQ is a single seal that performs like a double seal.
- Efficient Contra-Flow pumping ring, which keeps solids away from seal faces. No external flush needed.
- Largest diameter dynamic o-ring which is not subject to hang up due to design of externally lubricated system (XP Luber system).
- Multi-spring stationary design, eliminates detrimental misalignment between the pump housing and the shaft.
- Unique lug drive design which reduces stress on faces during upset conditions and heavy torque loads.
- Use of FKM lip seal which helps retain lubricant at seal faces and is a secondary lubricant to the seal.
- Chrome oxide coating on sleeve which assists secondary seal from premature failure.
- Monolithic face design eliminates all the problems associated with press fit/inserted faces.
Seal life is greatly increased by:
- Operating at very low differential pressures
- Seal faces are lubricated by a clean external fluid (XP Lube system)
- selected with properties that optimize performance
Sizes up to 5.000” Other sizes available per request
Temperature: t = 0-400°F
Higher temperature achievable with alternate FKM O-rings Sliding face material combination SC/Carbon
Pressure: p1 = 300 PSI (21 Bar)
Speed = up to 5000 FPM
Sliding face material combination SC/SC or SC/TC
Pressure p1 = 175 PSG (12 bar)
Speed = 33 ft/s (10m/s)
Permissible axial movement: +- 0.040”
D1>3.000” +- 0.060”
Materials of Construction:
- Metal Components: 316 SS Standard
- Seal Face Materials: Carbon, Silicon Carbide, Tungsten Carbide
- Elastomers: Fluoroelastomer, Perfluoroelastomer, Aflas, EPR/EPDM as standard o-ring materials. All other commercially available elastomers as specified.
Pumping screw requirements:
- Maximum suction pressure: 8 psig
- With plan 13 maximum suction pressure: 10 psig
- Maximum suction pressure: 15 psig
- With plan 13 maximum suction pressure: 30 psig
Below 1750 RPM – Consult engineering
Referencing now the above figures plus figures 4 and 5: