As a result of expansion and growth, there is an immediate need to add second shift CNC Machinists paying hourly rates above competitors in the market. Great company with a climate-controlled environment located in Coraopolis, 10 minutes NE of Pittsburgh International Airport.
Generous benefits including medical, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing, educational assistance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at the machines. Ability to lift 50lbs safely. Maneuver material pallet jack throughout the Shop.
• Reads and interprets blueprints. Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements. (Calipers, Micrometers, dial test indicators, gage blocks).
• Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as CNC lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, band saw, and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
• Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
• Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
• Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
• Evaluates experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
• Ability to track parts and jobs into the ERP system.
• Utilizes and abides by ISO 9001 requirements and safety procedures.
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of
1) Estimating time and materials for machine jobs,
2) Metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials,
3) Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance,
4) Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings. Understanding of GD & T.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 5-10 years related CNC experience (journeymen certification preferred)
• High school diploma or GED